Sunday, January 09, 2011

Notes from one New Member

    I am personally very excited about joining the church. When I joined the Congregational Church when I was a freshman in High School it was a big deal as I did this on my own and not with my family, who continued to attend the Episcopal Church regularly. The congo church became my family and I built my foundation of faith in that church. I never joined another church because I never found one that I felt I could continue to build upon that foundation of faith and could call my church family. (I was more of a member in CT than in any of the 5 churches we tried out in MA, NH, and ME over the past 8 years). I started to think that maybe I was being too optimistic trying to find a church that would be appropriate for my family (also one that shane and I could agree on). When we stumbled upon People's we found that family from day 1. I finally felt comfortable with raising Maddie (and Cadie now) in the church and could commit to joining knowing that we weren't just going to hop to another church down the road. It's exciting to be in a church that you know that you can give and receive as a family gives and receives and works together to grow stronger. Thank you for welcoming us into People's as your friends and family.
 -Joely

No comments: