Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Peoples Workday

Submitted by Susan Angell

The day dawned icy cold. Starting at 8:00 am, at 22 degrees and windy, People's People gathered through out the morning to rake and mow and clean the church grounds. I personally had so many clothes on to ward off the cold that if I fell I would have bounced. Walter with his BIG mower and truck with trailer, Chuck, Brad, Doreen, Susan, Kathy B, Barb & Tom, Art with his leaf vacuum/blower tool. We raked and mowed and vacuumed with vigor and did the job within a short time and then some of us gathered in the kitchen. In the kitchen I removed my wool hat and my hair took on a life of its own with static cling....some parts were flat and other parts stood straight up in the air. When Doreen looked at me she said uh it really doesn't look THAT bad, kind of "edgy". How kind. Chuck made fresh coffee and we ate home made biscuits with sausage made by Chuck and Joanne. Those were the best sausage and biscuits I ever ate. A really good time!

No comments: