Friday, June 20, 2008

Bakeless Bake Sale

Submitted y Susan Angell

At a recent Finance Committee we discussed “fund raising” ideas. Pastor Gwyneth suggested a bake sale. I said to myself, please, please, please don’t make me cook this summer.Then she said would you take this idea and run with it Susan. I said to myself, please, please, please, not me, I can’t even get a full roster of people to mow the lawn. Then she said, should the funds raised be for mission giving to the Conference or the general fund for expenses. I said to myself, please, please, please, don’t make me decide. SO, if you would like to participate in the “Bakeless Bake Sale” as detailed below, you decide missions or general fund:

Bakeless Bake Sale
You are invited to NOT bake a cake, pie, cookies, or brownies. You do NOT have to find the recipe. You do NOT have to shop for the ingredients. You do NOT have to mix. You do NOT have to cook. You do NOT have to cut. You do NOT have to wrap. You do NOT have to wash dishes. You do NOT have to clean up your kitchen. You do NOT have to deliver the baked product. You do NOT have to stand in the heat/cold/rain to sell the baked product.

Items for Sale Items you Do Not Bake/Donate
____Cupcakes: 2 for a dollar
_____2 doz. cupcakes: $4.00
____Chocolate cookies: 3 for $1.00
_____2 doz. chocolate cookies: $6.00
____Brownies 12 for $4.00
____ 2 doz. brownies: $8.00
____Dutch Apple Pie $5.00
_____2 home made pies: $10.00
____Strawberry Cheesecake $7.00
_____2 strawberry cheesecakes: $15.00

Help make a success of the BAKELESS BAKE SALE!
Place your donation in the offering plate in an envelope marked
Bake Sale-Missions OR Bake Sale-General Fund

No comments: