Thursday, November 01, 2007

COASTAL CHRISTMAS FAIR Dec 1 9am-2pm

Submitted by Susan Angell

Once again we are having a fabulous Christmas Fair. Many people have been working on arts and crafts for months just for sale at this event…Nancy Greer has knitted lots of mittens, Rosemary and her cohorts have been creating nautical and coastal things, Doreen and her splendid jewelry, Brad and Chris planning the luncheon menu and many have saved up their used books and stuff for trash or treasure, etc. We will need donations towards the food for the kitchen and strong backs to help us all to clean up the hall and pack and store our left over items.

Lots of fun surprises and innovative ideas will reveal themselves when you attend. I try to bring something for every table and I do get discouraged sometimes. The lovely banana breads I brought one year lay like logs on the table unsold and I think they were eaten by the folks from the Gathering. People evidently wanted those cute little loafs instead of large ones. My pies were also eaten at the gathering. Every year I experience failure with fudge. I've burned it, dropped it all in the drive way on my way in, failed at the no-fail fudge recipe and last year it permanently adhered to the pan I poured it into. THIS year I found a Famous Fudge kit by Carnation that swears I will be successful?? Marlene is teaching me to crochet and I have made some potholders for sale and may I say they are very interesting and unique!

So set this day aside. Bring your wonderful home baked tasties, wonderful candy, crafts, books, trash and treasure and BEST of all bring yourself to enjoy the fun.

No comments: