Friday, September 14, 2007

SHAWL MINISTRY IS BLESSED WITH A SPECIAL GUEST!

On Thursday, September 13, 2007, the Peoples UMC Shawl Ministry met in Ellis Hall with a delightful lady from Juba, Sudan. Her name is Margaret Salvatore. She presently is residing in Portland, ME with her son and his family. She hopes to return to her residence in Sudan in December if she gets the approval of her physician.
I met Margaret when she was my mother’s roommate at Mercy Hospital in July. During my visits to see my mother, we talked about our families, our cultures and our faith. One day we talked about our hobbies and crafts. I told her about our Shawl Ministry. She immediately said, "I come and share my crafts and patterns."
She arrived last evening with a beautiful smile on her face and was greeted by Wealthy Harvey, Pat Kaiser, Janice Huelin, Susan Angell, Kathy Brann, Chris Ward, Sally Seidl, Betty Smith and Marlene Tordoff. Sally Smith met her when she came to pick up Betty.
Everyone was amazed as Margaret asked for yarn and a crochet hook and proceeded to copy the pattern of a baby blanket by looking at the blanket not a written pattern. Her patterns are in her head!
As Margaret was leaving, we were pleasantly surprised when she asked when we would meet again and said, "I’ll be back!"
We are looking forward to our next meeting on Thursday, October 11 at 7:00p.m. in Ellis Hall. Come and join us for a delightful evening with our sister in Christ, Margaret Salvatore.

Blessings,
Marlene Tordoff

P.S. I had a camera and forgot to take a picture. I'll try to do better next month.

No comments: