Saturday, June 13, 2009

Final Meeting Before Ordination!

I met with Bishop Peter Weaver on June 9 for a one-on-one conversation about call to ministry, joys and concerns of ministry, and prayer. I also shared my call to ministry in church last Sunday, 6/7 - you can click on the link to listen to an MP3.

Also, an article about my ordination was published in this week's South Portland Sentry which you can read at the link above, or go to http://www.inthesentry.com/ (page 7) before 6/19.

Bishop Weaver presented all ordinands with a beautiful framed print of the Wesleyan Covenant Prayer, which I am holding in the photo. The Bishop has centered his ministry around this prayer, and I have been inspired to do likewise.

The one-on-one meetings with all of the ordinands were held at the historical Wilbraham Methodist Meeting House. Built as a Methodist Church in 1793, this meeting house, now a museum run by the Athenaeum Society, is the oldest Methodist Church still standing in New England. Francis Asbury held a Conference of preachers there in 1794, and preached there in 1795 and 1805. Jesse Lee held the first official session of the New England Conference there in 1797.

Although it was a 3.5 hour drive for a 30 minute meeting, it was inspirational to be within this historical building for my final ordination interview. Prayerfully, I will be ordained next Saturday, June 20, during Annual Conference at Gordon College.

No comments: