Friday, September 04, 2009

One Member's Financial Challenge!

Submitted by an anonymous member, posted by Gwyneth Arrison:

One member of the church was inspired by the Rising to the Need 2009 pledge campaign this past Spring, and after much prayer has offered the church a fun challenge. Here is the letter:

"To members and friends of Peoples Church: I would like to give you a challenge. Can you meet my pledge? I have enclosed my pledge in a sealed envelope. This I will give to Rev. Gwyneth Arrison to hold. I am challenging you to meet that amount. If you can do so, I will double my pledge. In effect you will have doubled yours. The rules are simple: place your extra change in an envelope marked "special challenge" - you are on your honor not to put your weekly pledge in there. When you (the church) think you have reached my pledge - only then can my pledge be revealed. I do not think the amount is unattainable but you might have to scratch a little bit. You might wonder who this member is - my name is not important. Besides, I might want to do this again in 5 or 10 years! Go for it! God bless!"

"P.S. I think it would be nice to think of this as a Christmas present to God's work. But if you think you can do it sooner, do so. Make it a fun game."

No comments: